Two arrested in connection with kidnapping of Arkansas teenager, officials say


Two people are behind bars after an orange alert was issued for a 17-year-old girl from Arkansas earlier this week.

Samuel Wayne Bolling, 38, of Nashville and Dayla Diane Ferrer, 19, of Memphis, were arrested and charged with kidnapping, aggravated robbery, first-degree assault and false first-degree imprisonment after the ‘Trynytee case was taken after work on April 18, a statement said.

Samuel Bolling and Dayla Ferrer

RELATED: Teen at Amber Alert center in Arkansas found, police say

On April 19, just after 3 p.m., Case was located in the 4700 block of Central Avenue in Hot Spring, Ark. at a liquor store with minor injuries and taken to a local hospital for medical evaluation.

During the investigation, detectives developed two suspects, Bolling and Ferrer, and a possible location.

Just over two hours later, the two were located in the 4800 block of Central Avenue and arrested without further incident, the statement said.

According to previous reports, a colleague attempted to call Case’s phone, but no one answered.

The colleague panicked and called the mother of the case. Then the mother tried to call Case’s phone, a statement said.

After several tries, Case finally responded and said, “It’s fine.” Then what sounded like a man’s voice was on the phone. Police said they demanded $10,000 for her return or else they would kill and cut up the girl, according to reports.

It was a scary situation for his family.

“Whoever has just drop it off,” said Grandma Falisha Spoon of Trynytee Case.

Hot Springs police say that’s exactly what happened yesterday afternoon.

Hours after speaking to Spoon, the 17-year-old was located.

FOX13 discovered that Bolling was from the Nashville area and tracked Ferrar to the Memphis area.

She lives in Atoka, Tennessee, just north of Memphis.

Neighbors in the neighborhood said they were surprised to hear the news.

“I’ve been here three years and nothing has been like this before,” said Kayleen Yates.

As a neighbor, she said she moved to the area to get away from Memphis and crime.

Yates told FOX13 it was a peaceful and quiet neighborhood.

Children are playing in the streets, people are walking their dogs and, for the most part, everyone knows each other.

Now she has a different perspective.

“We moved to avoid this stuff, but for this to happen in our neighborhood, I don’t know how to feel anymore,” Yates said.

FOX13 has tried to speak with the folks at Ferrar’s house several times, but they are unable to speak at this time.

Bolling and Ferrer were taken to the Hot Springs Police Department and are currently being held at the Garland County Detention Center without bail.

Download the FOX13 Memphis app to receive alerts on breaking news in your neighborhood.


Trending Stories:

Source link


Comments are closed.